Aaloo PalakCourse: Main
250 grm. potatoes-peeled and cut into small pieces.
2 clove of garlic (Lehsan)-chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds (Zeera))
2-3 whole dried red chilies
½ tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
1/8 tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
1 packet frozen spinach. (Or a 1/2 cup of blanched spinach leaves)
2 tbs. oil
1 medium sized tomato-chopped (optional)
- In oil fry the pieces of Garlic (Lehsan) till they start to turn brown.
- Add Cumin Seeds (Zeera) red chili and Turmeric (Haldi).
- When brown add the chopped tomato and rest of the spices.
- When mixed well and the tomato has softened add the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are half done add Palak and cook till water dries.
- Cook throughout on low heat.
- Garnish with green chilies and lemon.
- Serve with chapati