Bhel PuriCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Medium
250 gms. potatoes
½ cup of diced tomato
2-3 onions sliced (rough form)
1 cup of boondi (see note) or besan pakoray
1 cup of pre-boiled chick peas
1-2 green chilies – chopped.
1/2 cup of chopped fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves.
Papri (chips made of dough)
Salt according to taste
2 cups plain rice pops crispy (murmuray)
1-2 cup Sweet Imli chutney
1 kg. Yogurt whipped
Chaat masala as required.
- Boil potatoes till soft, peel and dice.
- In a bowl combine the potato, tomato, sliced onion, fresh dhaniya, green chilies, boondi and chick peas.
- Keep the chutney and yogurt in separate bowls to be added according to taste.
- In another bowl combine the papri and rice crispies.
- To serve, in a plate add the vegetable mixture. Top it with the dry ingredients mixture. Add yogurt, chutney, salt and chaat masala according to taste.
- NOTE: – to make the boondi mix about 3-4 tablespoons of besan powder with water to make a paste which is neither too fluid nor too viscous. Add a dash of baking powder and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Then heat oil for deep frying and when hot take a teaspoon and drop blobs of the besan mixture to form little balls. Remove as soon as they turn golden brown and put into a bowl of water. In a couple of minutes they will become soft. Remove from the water and squeeze out the excess water with your hand.