Brain MasalaCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 cow or 4 goat brain
½ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
¾ tsp. salt
1 medium sized onion sliced
3 tbs. oil
½ tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
½ tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
½ tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
2 tbs. yogurt
½ tsp. garam masala powder
4 tbs. Chopped fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and slices of ginger (Adrak) for garnish
- First boil the Brain with ½ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of Turmeric (Haldi) till it becomes firm. Drain, clean, de-vein and cut into coarse pieces.
- In a pot take the oil and sauté the onion till light brown.
- Add the remaining ¼ tsp. salt, chili powder, Turmeric (Haldi), Ginger (Adrak) paste, Garlic (Lehsan) paste and yogurt and mix well.
- Add the Brain pieces, cover and cook on medium heat till it are cooked and the oil rises above the spices. Sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Garnish with fresh chopped Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and Ginger (Adrak).
- Serve hot with naan.