BurfiCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
4 cups powdered milk
1 evaporated milk
4-5 green cardamom (Chhoti Ilaichi)seeds
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tbs. oil or ghee
- In the powdered milk add enough evaporated milk to knead it into a hard dough.
- Roll it up into a hard ball and keep it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Then take it out and grate it with a coarse grater. In a pot heat the oil and add the ilaichi seeds, grated milk, sugar and water.
- Cook on low heat and keep stirring till the water has dried and it starts to come together and leaves the sides of the pot.
- Add a few drops of Kewra essence (optional) and set in a flat dish.
- When cool cut into pieces.
- COCONUT BURFI: Do not add water. Add grated coconut according to taste and yellow food color.
- PISTA BURFI: Add chopped pista according to taste and green food color
- BADAM BURFI: Add grated almond
- KAJU BURFI: Add grated kaju (cashew nuts)
- CHOCOLATE BURFI: Add chocolate powder