Chanay Ki Daal GoshtCourse: Main
½ kg. mutton or chicken
1½ tsp. salt (according to taste)
1¼ tsp turmeric (Haldi) powder
1/2 tsp chili (Lal Mirch) powder
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup Dal Chana presoaked
¼ tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
¼ tsp. garam masala
3 tbs. oil
- Fry the onion in oil till it starts to turn brown.
- Add the spices and meat and let the water dry.
- Add the presoaked Dal and 2 glasses of water. Cover and leave on low heat to tenderize.
- When both meat and Dal have softened add Ginger (Adrak) and gram masala.
- Bhagar / Tarka
- Fry a few slices of onion in a little oil and when brown add along with hot oil to the dish.
- Garnish with fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and chopped green chili.
- Serve with lemon.
- TIP: If cooking chicken boil the Dal beforehand because chicken does not take that long to tenderize whereas the Dal takes a longer time.