Fish MasalaCourse: EntreesDifficulty: Easy
1 lb Fish (Skin on, cut into steaks 1″ thick. White fleshed fish such as Black Sea Bass, Rahu or Black Pomfret is best.)
3-4 Green Chilies
1 cup Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
1 teaspoon Garlic (Lehsan)-paste
½ teaspoon Salt ( adjust to taste)
¼ teaspoon Turmeric (Haldi)-powder
2 tablespoon Tamarind (Imli)-water
2 tablespoon Yogurt
1 large Tomato
1 cup diced Onion
1 teaspoon Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi)-leaves
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on the fish, let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse off well. This will reduce any ‘fishy’ smell if there is any.
- Grind all the spices together except Onion and Fenugreek Leaves (Methi).
- Fry the onion in oil on medium heat until golden-brown.
- Add the grinded spices and Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)) and cook till the water dries.
- Add the pieces of fish, cover and leave on very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- It’s done when it’s tender.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Serve with chapati.