Gobi goshtCourse: Entrees, Uncategorized
2 lbs Mutton
2 lbs Cauliflower (Gobhi)-chopped
1½ teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
¼ teapoon Turmeric (Haldi)-powder
1 teaspoon Chili (Lal Mirch)-powder
2 Onions- medium-chopped
4 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Ginger (Adrak)-paste
½ teaspoon Garlic (Lehsan)-paste
6-8 whole Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)
3-4 Cloves (Laung)
2 Black Cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 cup Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves-chopped
3 Green Chilies
1 piece Ginger (Adrak small)-sliced
- Fry the onion in the oil till brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together, add to the pot, cook and stir till the tomato has become soft and the water has dried.
- Add the meat and cook again to let the water dry.
- Add 3 cups of water, cover and leave to tenderize.
- When meat is almost done, add Cauliflower.
- Cook till cauliflower is done and the water dries.
- Garnish with fresh Dhaniya leaves, sliced ginger and sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Serve with chapatti preferably Makai or Bajra Roti.