Khubani ka MeethaCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
250 grm. Dried Apricot
2 cups water
3 tbs. sugar
½ liter milk
2 tbs. sugar for custard
2 tbs. custard powder
- Presoak the apricot preferably overnight. Remove the pits and take out the almond from inside the pit and keep aside.
- In a pot boil the apricot with 2 cups of water. Add the 3 TBS of sugar to this water. When the quantity of the water is reduced to 1-cup remove from heat. Cool and grind to a paste that is neither too thick nor too fine.
- Add the almonds that were removed from the pits to this pulp mixture.
- In another pot prepare the custard either according to instructions on the custard powder packet or according to the following.
- Take ½ liter of milk. Bring to the boil. Add the 2 TBS of sugar. Meanwhile mix the 2 TBS of custard powder with a few TBS of milk and add to the boiling milk stirring constantly otherwise it will coagulate.
- Cook for a few minutes till it thickens slightly. Remove from heat and cool.
- Now in a dish you can do either one of the following
- Add the custard then top off with a layer of the apricot pulp and then with a layer of fresh cream.
- Add a layer of custard then a layer of apricot one on top of the other. Then add a final layer of fresh cream.
- Serve chilled.