Meethi Imli ChutneyCourse: Chutney & SaucesDifficulty: Medium
250 gms. tamarind (Imli)
2 cups sugar
Salt according to taste
1/2 tsp chili (Lal Mirch) powder
½ inch piece of ginger (Adrak) or Dried ginger (Sounth)
- Soak the imli in lukewarm water for an hour or so until it softens.
- Rub well to remove the seeds.
- Strain out all the juice into a container.
- Put on low heat and bring to boil.
- Add sugar, salt and chili powder and keep stirring and cooking on low heat till it starts to become thick.
- small piece of ginger can be added and later removed for an extra flavor.
- When desired consistency achieved remove from heat and allow to cool before storing (in a jar with a lid).