ParhataCourse: SidesDifficulty: Medium
2 cups Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup water
Oil or ghee as need
- In flour add salt and mix.
- Add a little water and mix.
- The consistency should be soft and putty-like. It helps if you kneed it with a wet hand.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Divide this dough into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and flatten it into a chapati shape (round).
- Spread a little oil or ghee on it.
- Make a cut in it from the center to the edge.
- Pick up the cut edge and start rolling it so that you end up with a cone.
- With the palm of your hand flatten it while twisting it so that it once again forms a ball.
- Flatten it again in chapati shape and fry it on medium to low heat with three tbsp oil or more depending on the size of the frying pan.
- Turn it over once the bottom is golden brown.
- When both sides are golden brown it’s done.