Bhindi GoshtCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 kg. Mutton
½ kg. Bhindi
¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
1 tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
3 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) powder
2-3 medium onion–chopped or sliced
½ cup oil
1 tbs. ginger (Adrak) paste
1 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
1 tsp. garam masala powder
6-8 cloves (Laung)
6-8 black pepper (Kali Mirch)
2 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
2 tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
1 cup fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
2-3 green chilies – chopped
- Fry the onion in oil till brown. Remove the onion and grind.
- Add Haldi, Dhaniya, Mirch, Adrak, Lehsan and salt in the oil. Fry with little water till it dries.
- Add mutton and ground onion and cook till water dries again.
- Add 3 to 4 glasses of water, cover and cook till the meat tenderizes.
- When meat is almost done add Bhindi and cook till the Bhindi are done and the required gravy is left. Cook throughout on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh Dhaniya, green chilies and lemon.
- Serve with naan.