Bhuna-wa salanCourse: EntreesDifficulty: Easy
1 Kg mutton
½ tsp. salt (according to taste)
¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
1 tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
1 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) powder
1 medium onion chopped
3-4 tbs. oil
1 tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
1/2 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
1 tomato chopped
6-8 whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
3-4 cloves (Laung)
2 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
1/4 tsp. cumin seeds (Zeera)
- Fry the onion in the oil till brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add to the pot and stir till the tomato has become soft and the water has dried.
- Add the meat and again let the water dry.
- Add 3 glasses of water, cover and leave to tenderize.
- When meat is almost done add any of the following vegetables: Spinach (Palak), Tomato (Timator), Cauliflower (Gobhi), Turnip (Shaljam), Beetroot( Chuqandar), Zucchini (Turai)
- Garnish with fresh Dhaniya leaves and chopped green chilies.