Gola KababCourse: EntreesDifficulty: Medium
2 lbs Minced Beef-finely ground
1½ teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
1½ tablespoon Chili-crushed
½ tablespoon Garam Masala
2 table spoon Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Ginger (Adrak)-paste
1 teaspoon Garlic (Lehsan)-paste
½ cup Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
½ cup Fresh Mint (Podina) leaves
½ cup Yogurt
2 tablespoon Raw Papaya-crushed
1 piece of coal for smoke flavour
4-6 green Chilies
2 Onions-medium size
- Chop and fry 1 large onion till brown.
- Mix the brown onion with all other spices, grind them and then add to the minced beef.
- Mix well, cover and leave in fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- Keep the smoldering coal in the pot containing the mixture and cover it for few minutes for the meat to absorb the smoke.
- Form the mixture into long kababs (like sausage) or balls.
- Fry in a little oil or cook in the oven.
- Garnish with sliced onion, mint (podina) chutney and lemon
- Serve with paratha or naan.