SewaiyanCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
100 grm. Sewayyan
4 tbs. ghee or butter
3-4 green cardamom (Chhoti Ilaichi)
4-5 tbs. sugar
1 cup water
1 pinch of yellow food color (optional)
2 tbs. Khoya or powdered milk (optional)
½ tsp. Kewra essence
Dry fruit (according to taste)
- In a pan add the ghee or butter and seeds of 3 cardamoms.
- Add the Sewayyan and roast them on very low flame till their color changes to a darker shade.
- Stir constantly. In another pan meanwhile add the sugar, water and seeds of 1 cardamom and also the yellow food color if you wish.
- Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- When the Sewayyan have turned a browner shade add this sugar syrup to them all the while stirring constantly.
- Add the khoya or powdered milk at this time if you like and the dry fruit.
- Cover and let cook for 5-6 minutes till the water has dried and the sewayyian have become tender. Add the kewra essence and remove from heat.
- Garnish with dry fruit and serve either plain or with fresh cream.
- Can be served both hot and cold.