Sheer QormaCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 liter of milk (or 2 cups of powder milk dissolved in 12 cups of water)
4 tbs. sugar
5-6 green cardamom (Chhoti Ilaichi) seeds
¼ cup chopped pistachios (Pistay)
½ cup chopped coconut (Narial)-dried
½ cup chopped almond (Badam)
¼ cup raisins (Kishmish)
¼ cup chopped dried dates (Chhuwaray)
1 hand full of vermicelli (sewayyan)
1 tsp. Kewra essence
- Wash the dry fruit and soak in a little milk for 3-4 hours.
- In a pot add milk, sugar and ilaichi seeds and simmer on low heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the vermicelli and keep cooking till it softens.
- Add the presoaked dry fruit and cook for 5 minutes and just before removing from heat add the kewra essence.
- Can be served hot or chilled.